Free Email Security Check
Email is a security hazard. Many viruses, worms and trojans use email to spread themselves throughout the Internet, and almost every day new types of malware appear.
It is of vital importance for administrators and users to keep email security up-to-date. Byteplant's free Email Security Check is intended to help you with this task.
Check Your Email Security Now!
On this page, you can request a set of sample messages to be delivered to an email address of your choice. These messages can be used to perform a basic test if your email filtering setup is working. Keep in mind that if even one of these test emails reaches you, you should take immediate action to protect yourself by checking the settings of your email security solution.
Description of the Test Emails
There are seven test mails our server will try to send:
- The first mail (1/7) contains a harmless executable attachment. Even though it is harmless, it should be removed (or replaced) by your attachment blocker. Depending on the configuration of your attachment blocker, this mail may never reach you.
- The next mail (2/7) contains a harmless executable attachment, the EICAR anti virus test file in a
.zip archive. This file should be detected by every virus checker. Depending on the configuration of your virus checker, this mail may never reach you.
- The third mail (3/7) is harmless spam message (GTUBE spam signature),
and should be detected by every spam filter. Depending on the configuration of your spam filter, this mail may never reach you.
- The remaining four mails (4/7 to 7/7) contain attachments disguised in different ways. Even though the attachments are harmless, they should be removed (or replaced) by your attachment blocker. Depending on the configuration of your attachment blocker, these mails may never reach you.
Notes and Disclaimers
- Always validate the ID given in the subject line of the mail, it must be the same as the ID given in the confirmation mail you received. If the ID does not match, the mail was not generated by this site. Never open mails from this site, if the ID does not match.
- Disclaimer: You use this service completely at your own risk. Though the test mails have been thoroughly tested and validated, Byteplant is not liable for damages caused by the use of this service. There are absolutely no warranties, not even the warranty that this test or its results are useful in any way.